cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

What can I do to make parts appear like this in the drawing?

RA_9909671
6-Contributor

What can I do to make parts appear like this in the drawing?

I need to make some modifications in the drawing, but now sure how. Could someone help?

1 - This part inside the red circle it's appearing on both sides, but I need just one side, like in the second image. Besides that, I need the line to be dashed. How can I do that? 

RA_9909671_2-1628267636069.png

(how it's now)

RA_9909671_3-1628267677800.png

(how it's supposed to be)

2 - I need to show this part in the red circle, also with dashed line, that it's in the model but doesn't appear in the drawing. How can I do it?

RA_9909671_4-1628267779475.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If the two things you are wanting to change are components in an assembly, you could change how they are shown in a drawing by changing their component display setting, via

Layout->Component Display

It will ask you to select parts. Pick them, using <Ctrl> - Left Mouse Button to pick more than one, then center mouse button. Then you pick the type of display you want for the selected components. Try different ones and see which suits you best - looks like you might want PhantomOpque (for Phantom lines, opaque geometry).

This is a handy method to blank components in one view, or change how a part looks if it is being shown in a tooling drawing, etc.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If the two things you are wanting to change are components in an assembly, you could change how they are shown in a drawing by changing their component display setting, via

Layout->Component Display

It will ask you to select parts. Pick them, using <Ctrl> - Left Mouse Button to pick more than one, then center mouse button. Then you pick the type of display you want for the selected components. Try different ones and see which suits you best - looks like you might want PhantomOpque (for Phantom lines, opaque geometry).

This is a handy method to blank components in one view, or change how a part looks if it is being shown in a tooling drawing, etc.

RA_9909671
6-Contributor
(To:KenFarley)

Thank you so much for the help! It worked 😁

Top Tags