cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

What does it mean by "line <some number> of part" in Creo Parametric?

Hidetaka
14-Alexandrite

What does it mean by "line <some number> of part" in Creo Parametric?

I am creating a family table with some parameters being driven by relations and get this notification after regenerate any instance. (it is not an error or a warning, I can regenerate the part without any problems.)

Hidetaka_0-1629707183734.png

It is mysterious to me. Initially I thought the line number means the line in the Program, so I opened it, but there was nothing at line 30. 

I tried a lot of things, and finally when I delete this line in "Relation", the above notification disappears.

PTC_COMMON_NAME = SOME_STRING_PARAMETER

It seems that the above line is the culprit of that notification/warning, but when I verify the relations, that line does not cause any problems.

Could someone please tell me what does it mean by "line" in the notification in the screenshot?

Thank you very much! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think PTC_COMMON_NAME can only be assigned a value via relations for new objects.  After upload / check-in of the part to the Windchill server, this special parameter is basically locked (software will internally assign it the value of the Windchill "Name" field") - and attempting to assign it a value via relations will result in this cryptic error.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Hidetaka)

"Line 30" definitely refers to a relations line.

What is "SOME_STRING_PARAMETER" set to?

Hidetaka
14-Alexandrite
(To:TomU)

It is just a string (it is different for each instance in the family table.)

I also thought that line 30 is either line 30 in Relation or Program, but my relation part doesn't even have 30 lines. 

I think PTC_COMMON_NAME can only be assigned a value via relations for new objects.  After upload / check-in of the part to the Windchill server, this special parameter is basically locked (software will internally assign it the value of the Windchill "Name" field") - and attempting to assign it a value via relations will result in this cryptic error.

Hidetaka
14-Alexandrite
(To:pausob)

Thank you for your answer. After that relation was deleted, the "invalid assignment" warning also disappeared.

The only thing I still don't understand is that number 30. I have less than 30 line in the relation windows, and there is nothing at line 30 in Program.

Top Tags