cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

What is meaning of " part driven by flexible part" and " assembly driven by sub-assemblies" in Creo

SandeepKadam07
12-Amethyst

What is meaning of " part driven by flexible part" and " assembly driven by sub-assemblies" in Creo

Hi,

I observed parts and assemblies in Top assembly which are having icon similar to flexible part/assembly but quite different. When I check on PTC site for help, I found that they are driven by part and driven by subassemblies.

can anyone explain me to clear the concept?

Thanks

Sandeep Kadam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is an indicator that some part or some subassembly at a lower level has flexibility applied. This is helpful to detect when some item in a complex assembly does not match the default values.

For example, someone might, for bad reasons, change the length of a fastener using flexibility. This would mean that the part no longer matched the drawing of the part and the part that manufacturing purchasing would buy would not be the size as shown in the assembly. If this is a complex assembly it might take looking at every subassembly to see if any of the parts had been changed in a way they should not have been on the slight chance that it happened.

With the flag a user can see the subassemblies that have items that don't have flexibility, saving having to inspect them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

It is an indicator that some part or some subassembly at a lower level has flexibility applied. This is helpful to detect when some item in a complex assembly does not match the default values.

For example, someone might, for bad reasons, change the length of a fastener using flexibility. This would mean that the part no longer matched the drawing of the part and the part that manufacturing purchasing would buy would not be the size as shown in the assembly. If this is a complex assembly it might take looking at every subassembly to see if any of the parts had been changed in a way they should not have been on the slight chance that it happened.

With the flag a user can see the subassemblies that have items that don't have flexibility, saving having to inspect them.

In my case, I have two suassemblies and I have created one flexible but on other assembly I can see this symbol (quite different than flexible symbol...refer attachment) without I modified it. But that assembly is having common part for which I have applied flexibility in first one.

So I just want to know if this affects my other subassembly i.e. is other subassembly is also become flexible or it is just a flag to notify about flexible part below it?

Top Tags