cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

What is the mathematical motion law behind the "monotonic" option in mechanism?

ptc-1061272
2-Guest

What is the mathematical motion law behind the "monotonic" option in mechanism?

Hi,

For some application that I am working on, I will save you the details, I would like to know what the exact mathematical motion law is behind the 'monotonic' option in mechanism. I prefer the table option in a servo motor, for creating complex movements. If so, there are three options to connect the points in the table: linear, spline and monotonic. Dynamic analysis cannot work with linear, which is quite understandable. Spline motions result to non minimum phase behavior (first move in the wrong direction before going in the right direction), so that is not usable either. Monotonic does a nice job, but I would like to compare the movement (displacement, speed and accelleration) with a physical servo motor movement (which has probably a 3-4-5 polynomen motion profile built in, but I have to check that as well).

To be short: who can tell me the mathematical motion law (formula's) behind the monotonic option in mechanism.

Best regards,

Laurens

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags