cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

What is the name of this product?

NEALROSENBLUM
1-Newbie

What is the name of this product?

All,

I am designing an apparatuswith a rigid plasticcover. The cover has a 1.75" wide slit for a cable to pass through so that you can lift the cover off of the machine and set it back down over the machine without removing any additional parts. I am looking for a product that has bristles on either side of the opening where the bristles would deflect as the cover was removed or set back down over the machine. This machine is a delicate piece of optical equipment and I really just need to keep light from radiating through the slit once the cover has been set back down over the apparatus.

I have seen such a product on many machines, but I do not know the name of this product (i.e. what keywords to Google).

Sincerely,
Neal Rosenblum
Geometrix Engineering, Inc.
201 N. 13th Avenue
Hollywood, FL 33019
Ph:954-920-2049
Fax: 954-920-9574
Cell:954-649-9399
<u>neal@geometrixeng.c</u>

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Neal,

Try 'brush' and 'seal' or 'brush' and 'strip'.

Iain Macleod
Iain Macleod Associates
tel: +44 (0) 161 96 96 939
email: <u>iain@macleod.uk.com</u>
web: <u>www.g-tol.co.uk</u>
LinkedIn profile: <u>http://www.linkedin.com/in/iainmacleodassociates</u>

In Reply to Neal Rosenblum:

All,

I am designing an apparatuswith a rigid plasticcover. The cover has a 1.75" wide slit for a cable to pass through so that you can lift the cover off of the machine and set it back down over the machine without removing any additional parts. I am looking for a product that has bristles on either side of the opening where the bristles would deflect as the cover was removed or set back down over the machine. This machine is a delicate piece of optical equipment and I really just need to keep light from radiating through the slit once the cover has been set back down over the apparatus.

I have seen such a product on many machines, but I do not know the name of this product (i.e. what keywords to Google).

Sincerely,
Neal Rosenblum
Geometrix Engineering, Inc.
201 N. 13th Avenue
Hollywood, FL 33019
Ph:954-920-2049
Fax: 954-920-9574
Cell:954-649-9399
<u>neal@geometrixeng.c</u>

Top Tags