cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

When changing units, model disappears

cgavette
1-Newbie

When changing units, model disappears

Creo 2.0

Have an assembly made of imported parts and when I try to change the model from inches to metric it disappears. I can replicate with by changing one part or the whole asm. I have also tried to convert units and interpret units and get the same results. Any ideas?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:cgavette)

It is caused by importing models that are supposed to be Creo files (.prt, .asm, etc.) but were generated with something other than Creo. DO NOT USE THESE! Either use neutral files instead (STEP, IGES, etc.), or create your own neutral file (from this assembly) and reimport it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

...did you divide by zero?

Have a look at part accuracy. I think it can be inherited. If you want to upload the file, we can have a look. Use the advanced editor.

And welcoem to the forum, Casey.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

It is caused by importing models that are supposed to be Creo files (.prt, .asm, etc.) but were generated with something other than Creo. DO NOT USE THESE! Either use neutral files instead (STEP, IGES, etc.), or create your own neutral file (from this assembly) and reimport it.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomU)

Casey, did this help or are you still having the issue?

cgavette
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

Yes, thank you!

when we convert the units, there is always an option of "interprete" and "Convert". Interprete option converts 1:1 e.g. if the length is 100 mm then Interprete option makes it to 100 Inches. While Convert option applies the necesary conversion factor. e.g. 100 mm length will get converted to 100/25.4 = 3.94 Inches.

You need to select the appropriate option.

Hope this will also help.

Thanks,

Sachin

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Sachin)

In this particular case the units conversion is not the issue. Thanks though!

Top Tags