cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Where is login directory?

Hidetaka
14-Alexandrite

Where is login directory?

According to the following link, Creo 7 reads configuration files in the following order: files in Creo loadpoint, in login folder, and finally in working directory.

About Configuration Files (ptc.com)

I want to put my own config in the login folder but could not find it. I saved a config file in C:\Users\myusername, but it does not work. Does anyone here use login folder to save configuration files? I would be very appreciate it if you give me some advice on this.

2 REPLIES 2
BHOoi
15-Moonstone
(To:Hidetaka)

Hi, you can load the personal config.pro in the following ways:

Way 1:. Using start-up directory:

• place your config.pro in "C:\Users\myusername"
  • change the "Star in" of the Creo short cut to "C:\Users\myusername"
  •  
  • BHOoi_0-1684819553743.png

Way 2: Using home directory:

• define an env variable called "home", set its vale as "C:\Users\myusername"

BHOoi_2-1684819919792.png

• launch Creo from anywhere and your personal config.pro will still be picked up in this case

Hope this helps

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Hidetaka)

We use both the login (Home) directory and the Start-In directory for our config.pro files.

The Start-In directory is the easiest to set.

The login directory requires the Home Environment variable be set in order for Creo to use that folder.

In our setup, I copy a project config.pro file to the user's home directory every time Creo launches. This way they cannot make changes that are permanent to those settings. They can do what they want in the Start-In folder config.pro, which is read last.

Top Tags