cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Where is my shrinkwrap?

vincecatlin
10-Marble

Where is my shrinkwrap?

Creo (and good old ProE) will add a shrinkwrap to a "models CAD document" by default.

I have NEVER actually found this mysterious location.

We have ALWAYS resorted to assigning different location just so we can find the darn thing.

I recently made a shrinkwrap and forgot to assign a different location and I'm genuinely curious as to where my shrinkwrap is.

I'm sure there is a simple answer to my simple question.

Thanks,

Vince

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

He's obviously having a hard day...let him vent... Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Seriously guys, thank you all very little for the zero answers in four freakin' years.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:vincecatlin)

You apparently asked that question twice on the same day...

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Assembly-Design/Where-is-the-shrinkwrap/m-p/186361

And there was a response that you accepted as the solution.

Although you response was more the answer in that you look in the content tab of the part or assembly that you created the shrinkwrap from.

If you uncheck the box at the bottom of the "save a copy" dialog box, it will create the file in the workspace.

shrink.jpg

He's obviously having a hard day...let him vent... Smiley Wink

This one was funny because you had to first check in and then the Shrinkwrap file would appear as content. Obviously, as is often the case around here, your milage may vary.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

To further clarify this, there is a config.pro option to "uncheck" that box by default.

dm_save_as_attachment NO

I do not know what other implications setting this option has.

Top Tags