cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find Pro-E models of kitchen cabinets, and furniture?

ptc-726111

Where to find Pro-E models of kitchen cabinets, and furniture?

Considering that Pro-E costs more than other CAD software commonly used for kitchen design, there should be a library of off-the-self components available. Does anyone know where to find 3D CAD models of kitchen cabinets, furniture, and other architectural models?

This is not a professional work-related question. I am thinking about redesigning my kitchen, and see no reason (given the power of Pro-E) to purchase another CAD software, when Pro-E should be more than capable of handling the job. In my previous home, I redesigned my kitchen using 3D Home Architect. Although I am a mechanical design engineer, and not an architect or a professional kitchen designer, I think I can achiever as good or better results with Pro-E if I knew where to locate a website that contains existing models of kitchen cabinets, and furniture models.

I think anyone who does machine design, consumer product design, medical device design, etc. can do this if enough time is spend to study the situation and develop a layout. However, I previously had the benefit of hiring a contractor who did the cabinet installation, which was capable of reviewing the plans and suggesting changes when necessary.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
Announcements