cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Which program should I use to draw simple 2-D Free Body Diagrams?

amohamed
1-Newbie

Which program should I use to draw simple 2-D Free Body Diagrams?

I have been looking around for literally 3 days through all the programs associated with Creo and I was surprised to find out that although most of them have powerful 3d capabilities, none of them was suitable to use to draw very simple 2-D free body diagrams.

I only need to draw diagrams and don't care that much about any computation or analysis that the program can perform. Do you know what program should I use?

and which modes/tools in that program are the ones used for 2-D diagrams?

PS: I know that creo parametric has the sketch mode but I didn't find that it was easy since that i couldn't find how to add force arrows.  I also tried using creo sketch and  it was really hard to dimension the diagram and to add forces/ loads to it.

Attached: Pictures that contains the kinds of diagrams I am interested in drawing.

Untitled.jpgTEcreoQUEST.jpg

TECREO2.jpg

Disclaimer:I didn't draw and I don't own the copyrights of these pictures. These are just selected pictures form a google image search to demonstrate what kind of diagrams I am talking about.
Thank you !

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Dia is a good free one. Visio if you have money to spend.

Dia (software) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your help.
Is there any program in the Creo kit that can do the same task?
I am just worried about the compatibility with the other CAD programs my university use.

You'll have to check, but Dia can export a large number of vector and raster formats. Being free, the cost of checking is low.

I'm not sure if Arbortext counts as being in the Creo kit; at least not necessarily in the Academic program kit. You'll have to check with PTC.

I suppose the question is what it needs to be compatible for. The more typical target is applications like Word or Powerpoint, but they have their own diagramming tools, though those tools are less flexible in a number of ways that I find restricting.

Top Tags