cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Whole screen flashing colour of model axis/plane/other and drawing lines not rendering propely

CC_10992767
3-Visitor

Whole screen flashing colour of model axis/plane/other and drawing lines not rendering propely

Hello,

Creo acts very strangely on my Lenovo Thinkpad (Specs below). When hovering over certain aspects of a model display, such as axis or plane edges, the whole screen turns the colour of what I'm hovering over. I've tried changing the colour of the aspect, but it just changes the colour that the whole screen turns to. So it seems like a rendering issue?

Also, when creating drawings, lines aren't rendering properly. When changing the lines to anything (e.g. centreline) they don't change, however, they are represented correctly in PDF or other export files. Again, this seems like a rendering issue?

Any help would be much appreciated. Config files are fine btw.

I've attached two videos showing what I mean.

PC specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 7840U w/ Radeon 780M Graphics 3.30 GHz

Windows 11 Pro (22H2)

Creo 10.0.2.0

One interesting thing I found in system info: OpenGL GPU Line rendering: disabled

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

just a small comment on this configuration ... AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 7840U w/ Radeon 780M Graphics 3.30 GHz

• no computer with an AMD processor is certified for Creo (such computers do not belong to the workstation segment)
  • integrated GPU are not certified

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:CC_10992767)

You can test to see if it is a graphics card issue.

In your config.pro, add the line graphics win32_gdi

It's a hidden option, you will need to add it manually using a text editor.

Once added, restart creo, if the problem seems to have gone away, you have a graphics card issue, usually solved by updating the graphics driver, but occassionally it is caused by the current driver and you have to downgrade your graphics driver.

REMOVE the option from the config.pro, restart creo and retest to see if it fixed the problem.

Thanks for the info, I did as you said and it did indeed show that it's a graphics card problem, as @MartinHanak said below, my set up isn't supported by PTC, so I don't think there's a solution to this 😞

Hi,

just a small comment on this configuration ... AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 7840U w/ Radeon 780M Graphics 3.30 GHz

• no computer with an AMD processor is certified for Creo (such computers do not belong to the workstation segment)
  • integrated GPU are not certified

Martin Hanák
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags