cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Why are all my appearances dark?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Why are all my appearances dark?

Why are all my colors extra dark? I believe this was the appearance.dmt from our internal cad support people when we moved to creo 3.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

So my specific problem had to do with an option;

pro_texture_library

Once I removed that option, my colors all came back to reasonable.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Stephen,

I actually have the opposite.  My Creo 2 was darker.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I noticed if I clicked the rendered samples, it's much better.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Not much of a difference for Creo 2.

Hi,

I had similar problem in CR3. I installed current version of graphics drivers and problem has gone...

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Stephen,

I checked on mine and my colleague's machine.  The appearances appear brighter in Creo 3.0, than in Creo 2.0.  I also checked remotely on another machine, and saw that the appearances were darker in both releases.  I believe the graphics card may also be playing a role.

Thanks,

Amit

Similar issue here since switching over to Creo3 M080 and mine are all black except one.  If I select rendered samples the colors appear, but are very dark.

AppDMT-1.jpg

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:GaryBunney)

Wow Gary, yours are EXTREME!!

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Tomorrow morning I will try removing all my config files and see if it's something I have purposefully set for a different reason. If I don't find something there, I will try Martin and Amit's suggestion of updating the graphics drivers.

My card is an Quaddro 2000, around 2-3 years old now. I'm sure I've updated the drivers but probably not since the creo 3 installation so that's definitely a good possibility.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

So my specific problem had to do with an option;

pro_texture_library

Once I removed that option, my colors all came back to reasonable.

doneill
12-Amethyst

I have the same problem with Creo 6, but I don't see a "pro_texture_library" option anywhere.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:doneill)

Seems like that option was maybe replaced with texture_search_path

I'm not sure that's a true statement but you may want to look and see if you have that set and temporarily remove  it and restart Creo to see if it improves.

The way I solved this initially was to remove all my config.pro files and start Creo. When the problem was gone, that told me it was definitely a config setting.

Then I cut away 1/2 the config and I figured out which 1/2 had the problem setting. Then I cut that partial config in 1/2 again and again until I could tell which setting it was. It probably took less than an hour to do this.

What helped for me was removing the 

GRAPHICS WIN32_GDI from my config.pro

After that everyhting became clear again.

(CREO3 - M130) We have the same problem of color too dark and the menu of the render is very very slow to appear

In our config.pro we have : GRAPHICS opengl

Sans titre5.jpg

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ldrutel)

Did you try the posted solution?

Remove the config.pro option pro_texture_library and see if that helps.

Opengl is the prefered and default graphics option and normally gives you the best performance

Top Tags