cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the density of the assy always show 1.000000

bradlawrence
9-Granite

Why is the density of the assy always show 1.000000

If I perform the command: File > prepare > model properties > mass properties.  The below density displays correctly per below which is an average of the all the components.

Capture.JPG

But if I perform Analysis > Mass Properties ->>>>>>>>>>>> Capture2.JPG

All assemblies display density of 1.000000 which is greyed out, why does not display 7.835694e-06 per top screenshot? 

Then you if click the eye glasses, the avg density and mass is correct. 

Why is it showing 1.000000 ? 

Capture1.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Brad,

I was able to reproduce the problem in CR2 M070. Please contact PTC Support and report the problem.

MH

Martin Hanák

I don't remember looking at this previously but is this just the way it reports the density on an assembly? The "assy" itself doesn't have a density, it has an average density that is derived from its parts. When I calculate the mass props, it gives me the correct number.

avgdens.jpg

Steve Williams
Pro/E Version 15/16 (Circa 1995/1996)

True, it will calculate the correct average density, but strange why it displays 1.00000 and is greyed out.  Seems like should display the average density.  I have logged a call with PTC, waiting for answer.

Maybe Graphic card not support , please buy a new one

PTC replied................."Assembly doesn’t have its own density and will be calculated based on the components assembled."

That is a true statement....So really I am ground zero again, just seems like the greyed out Density field should display the avg and not 1.0000. 

Announcements