cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Why is the density of the assy always show 1.000000

bradlawrence
9-Granite

Why is the density of the assy always show 1.000000

If I perform the command: File > prepare > model properties > mass properties.  The below density displays correctly per below which is an average of the all the components.

Capture.JPG

But if I perform Analysis > Mass Properties ->>>>>>>>>>>> Capture2.JPG

All assemblies display density of 1.000000 which is greyed out, why does not display 7.835694e-06 per top screenshot? 

Then you if click the eye glasses, the avg density and mass is correct. 

Why is it showing 1.000000 ? 

Capture1.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Brad,

I was able to reproduce the problem in CR2 M070. Please contact PTC Support and report the problem.

MH

Martin Hanák
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:bradlawrence)

I don't remember looking at this previously but is this just the way it reports the density on an assembly? The "assy" itself doesn't have a density, it has an average density that is derived from its parts. When I calculate the mass props, it gives me the correct number.

avgdens.jpg

True, it will calculate the correct average density, but strange why it displays 1.00000 and is greyed out.  Seems like should display the average density.  I have logged a call with PTC, waiting for answer.

Maybe Graphic card not support , please buy a new one

PTC replied................."Assembly doesn’t have its own density and will be calculated based on the components assembled."

That is a true statement....So really I am ground zero again, just seems like the greyed out Density field should display the avg and not 1.0000. 

Top Tags