cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Why is the weld cross section needed when inserting a weld in the model?

bradlawrence
9-Granite

Why is the weld cross section needed when inserting a weld in the model?

I am just starting the weld modeling arena..........Per my screen shot below, it is asking the Weld cross section value, this seems redundant because I am specifying the size of the weld in the ribbon area.

In this particular case, my fillet weld is 6mm x 6mm which comes to a value of 18. (6 x 6 x .5 = 18). I am wanting to the know the weight of the welds in the model. So the Weld cross section value does matter. Seems like it would populate from the DXD value of 6 in the ribbon area. I know the density of the weld material determines the weight as well.

Capture.JPG

Also, under Weld cross section you have the option of selecting "By Reference" . It wants a datum plane. Which datum plane would you select?

Capture.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags