cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Why use Bulk items and not a parameter.

vmcdaniel
2-Guest

Why use Bulk items and not a parameter.

I'm investigating bulk items. We want to have the drawing BOM show 1.5. I can do this with bulk items. But I can also do this with a parameter in a solid model and repeat region relations. So what is the advantage of doing it with a bulk item? I think the only added functionality of a bulk item is the area/length/distance parameter calculations, which I do not have any interest in, is that the only advantage bulk items offer?

Vaughn McDaniel III | CAD/PLM Administrator | Kärcher NA - Englewood |303-762-1800x187 |vaughn.mcdaniel@karcherNA.com
Please note my new email address.
[cid:image001.jpg@01CA99CF.BE785E80]

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I suppose one Bulit item advantage is the assembly component level variation on the parameters.

Windchill Peps, does Windchill handle this correctly?

Bulk items have one huge disadvantage if you’re still on Intralink 3.4 or earlier – they don’t report the correct quantity in the intralink BOM (fine in the drawing, shows up as “1” in the Intralink BOM). I have no experience with PTC’s newer PDM solutions, so I don’t know if they fixed it or not .

--

Lyle Beidler

Top Tags