cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Wildfire 5 sheetmetal forms/punches

AdamDorsch
6-Contributor

Wildfire 5 sheetmetal forms/punches

In the past for making forms in a sheetmetal part I would select Punch/Copy. This would imbed the geometry into the sheetmetal part and the tool part would no longer be required. Now with Wildfire 5, I see the Punch Form is all in one. I place my tool part, everything looks good, I select the "Copy from model using independent inheritance" button, thinking this would imbed the data but it doesn’t really seem to. If I select the "Copy form using dependant merge", just the form appears in the model tree with no addional features.

The features appear in the model tree below the form but it still wants to reference the part file for the tool. When I attempt to check the sheetmetal part in it tries to take the tools with it.

What am I missing?????

Also the dimensions for the forms stay at their original dimension name (d2, d3, d5 etc), so in this model I end up with multiple d5’s. So if I were to have multiple forms all the same in a part that I wanted to tie together with relations I would be unable to do so.

If I try to modify one of the dimensions I receive a warning “Please confirm adding this dimension to the Inherited Vardim Table” with a Yes or No selection. I have never seen this warning before what is the Inherited Vardim table and how do I access it?

If I select Insert, Shape, Punch it only allows me to select UDFs.

Wildfire 5 M060

PDMLink 9.1 M040

Thanks in advance

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags