cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Windows font that closely resembles Creo's ISOFONT?

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

Windows font that closely resembles Creo's ISOFONT?

Is there a Windows compatible font that is very close to or identical to Creo's ISOFONT? I want to make notations in an image editor that are in the same font. It's a simple enough font, but I can't find anything that looks right.

2 REPLIES 2

What about osifont?

Using-the-technical-lettering-font-quot-osifont 

pausob_0-1661986885937.png

KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:pausob)

I tried it. It's okay, but I think the best contender I've found so far is "Gill Sans MT". I think that one's standard issue with Windows 10?

It's interesting how much of a difference there is between fonts that look, at first glance, very similar. The sheer variety in terms of how each handles the shape of an "8", for example. Nevermind what I usually care about, the "I", "l", "1" uniqueness requirement, "0" (zero) with an identifying feature to differentiate it from the letter "O", etc. The Gill Sans font fails miserably in this respect, typing "Il1" in it looks like a Roman numeral 3.

The Creo fonts that aren't true type are in ".fnt" files, but they don't appear to be Windows ".fnt" files - my operating system doesn't recognize them. They must be a more ancient type of font file, probably from the Unix days?

I'll keep looking, if I find something really good I'll update the world.

Top Tags