cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Wires are twisted at network ends in CREO Cabling

mgutzeit
2-Guest

Wires are twisted at network ends in CREO Cabling

Hello everyone,

I hope I'm right here. With CREO-Cabling I have my problems. I want to route 2 wires. Via the spools, I have defined a bending radius that causes problems with the following topic. At the end of a network, the wires are always twisted so that the wires make a loop because of the bending radius. See pictures.

Twisting over the angle does not solve the problem either. How do you manage to run both cables straight and parallel to the end of the network?

Thank you
Marcel
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

Please specify which version of Creo you are using.

Hi,

I use CREO 4 M140.

Marcel

Lars_F
12-Amethyst
(To:mgutzeit)

Hi,

I would not terminate the network to the connector coordinate. Usually I terminate the network to an offset distance x from the connector wire termination point. I my wires loop (as yours) then I move the last network point outward (away from the connector coordinate) until the wires don't loop any more. 

As shown  on  link http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/index.html#page/electrical_design%2Fcable%2Fexercise_assigning_location_priority-for_network_locations.html%23 all the networks end at some distance from connector. If you use sheathed cable the cable sheath also ends at the last network point...

Br,

Lars

Top Tags