cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Words vs Icons

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Words vs Icons

Is there a way in Creo 9.0.4.0 to turn the words back on along with the icons?

Is there a printout of the list of icons and what they mean?

13 REPLIES 13

Most buttons have tool tips if you hover over them. Are you referring to the minitool bar or the ribbon?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Chris3)

Hovering is great, but I didn't know if there was a help sheet or something so that I get used to looking for (or know what I am looking for) instead of the titles that my muscle memories is moving toward.

Retrain the brain and the mouse movement.

What toolbar icons are missing the verbiage?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:llie)

When I right click on a view, my mouse is three quarters of the way down the menu to pick "properties" instead of floating up to pick the little yellow sphere with the pen/pencil/pointer. If I hover over the icon, the word "properties" shows up. But I couldn't find out how to erase a dimension until I realized that the little thing next to the "X" was an eraser. When I clicked on a dimension, I would just choose "erase".

It's a big jump from Creo 4 to 9.0.4.0 so I was just wondering is there was a cheat sheet that explained all the icons that replaced words. i.e. erase = (a tiny picture of an eraser), properties = (sphere with writing utensil icon)...

Dale_Rosema_0-1683742384114.png

We make our own internally.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Dale_Rosema)

The best idea I can offer is to use RMB > Customize to see what is what.  But the list is long.  You could copy individual icons with text from the list that you feel might be useful and paste them into a cheat sheet.

kdirth_0-1683745164849.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:kdirth)

"There is always more to learn in Creo".... especially when they keep changing things on you....   🙂

Bwahahaha!

"There is always more to HAVE to RE-LEARN in Creo."...BECAUSE they always keep changing things on you...LOL🤣

Honestly, I can't remember any REAL enhancements or functionality, just nothing but new icons and changed menus for many years now.  Sad, because that's not how it USED to be.  Honestly, if I ever actually buy a seat, I'll go back to Creo 3.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

A question / thought:

Why is the yellow sphere with the writing utensil / pointer "Edit Definition" while you are modeling yet it is "Properties" when in clicking on a view in a drawing? Why does the same icon have different meaning?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Icon reuse! PTC didn't have to pay for 2 icons to be created.

I'm 100% in agreement Dale.  I HATE the icons, they mean nothing to me, especially now that my eyesight is poor.  I'm stuck WASTING TIM hovering over icons that all look the same.  This is just stupid.  We need the ability to turn on words in both the hated ribbon, and the popup menus.  I get that with some languages that would be difficult if not impossible because the text strings would be too long.  Bummer for them, but I know for a FACT it could be done for English because that's the way it USED to be, so they should do it.  I'm on Creo 8, so whatever you find probably won't help me at this time, but best of luck getting it figured out!

Hmmm, I wonder if we could simply use a graphics editor to change all the stupid icons (.ico files) to be words.  That would not affect the "code" per se, so, it should work easily if someone did that.  I remember changing a .ico file before and it working to show a "4" in the Creo button so I knew what version I was on.  There may be a better editor for that as tring to do it in MS Paint was very quirky, sometimes you could save it....and have Creo not recognize it as an .ico file even though it had that extension.

Hmmmm....anyone any good at this and want to take it on?

Top Tags