cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Would AAX extension be viable substitution for Expert Moldbase?

dellens
3-Visitor

Would AAX extension be viable substitution for Expert Moldbase?

It's not always about what the more complete package is; sometimes it's about what the package would give the specific end user.

That being said; I've observed that the Expert Moldbase has a lot that isn't applicable to our die design needs. We don't need the extra sliders and sprues in our application. It may also be that we may require a different methodology for creating our parting profile, die split, flash thickness and gutter boundaries for our multi impression and locked dies.

I know that the AAX product incorporates Inheritance Modeling which we need. I believe that AAX would be a helpful interface in doing boolean related additions, subtractions and splits (I know for certain Expert Moldbase does this). AAX would also be helpful with any BOM's or drawings we might need.

I'm not sure whether applying scale or shrink however would be parametricly controlable.

Does anyone here use AAX for building dies?

Are there any attractions or detractions towards making this shift? Obviously there is a price difference between the 2. However there are definately items with AAX that wouldn't help us as we don't typically deal with large assemblies.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags