cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

YUCK! ...was my response to a client using CoCreate

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

YUCK! ...was my response to a client using CoCreate

This is sad... and I mean very sad indeed now that PTC has acquired CoCreate and is touting portability.

I upgraded my Pro/E to Creo 2.0 Parametric because I was told that this and Elements Direct would play nice together.

If you hear this, please ask a lot more questions because I am finding this to be a serious error in judgement.

I -NEED- to be compatible with CoCreate. By this I mean I need to be able to provide models -and drawings- that can be transported from platform to platform.

First problem was importing CoCreate. By default, Creo 2.0 doesn't load the converters on install.

Second problem is that there are no export converters for CoCreate/Elements Direct for models, assemblies, or drawings (save-as).

Third problem is that of all the converters, the Elements Direct DXF converter is the absolute worst of the DXF importers. Seriously; PVExpress and E-Drawings both pull in the DXF's fairly nicely, but Elements Direct 4.0 Express makes a huge mess of the DXF import, very much the same as in CoCreate 13. I have tried many options on export. None are even close to sustainable versions.

So for my money, I have a problem with a very important client. I -CANNOT- support drawings in their CoCreate environment. This has got to be embarrassing to PTC and it is -certainly- embarrassing for me.

Has ANYONE seen ANY effort in this direction for the near term from PTC?

Has ANYONE come up with REAL solution for this environment?

Here I sit with lots of egg on my face and the closest solution is another $6K investment plus the time to learn CoCreate.

HELP!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags