cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

angle dimension rotated on drawing different from model

ptc-185578
1-Newbie

angle dimension rotated on drawing different from model

I have a revolved cut whose axis is dimensioned as an angle from vertical. The dimension displays correctly when shown in the model. However, when it is shown in the drawing the dimension line is no longer vertical. It gets even better, if I change the dimension from 30° to 28°, then the dimension shows correctly in the drawing. Whats going on? This drawing was created in Wildfire 2 M280, but I also opened it in Wildfire 4 M020 and it behaves the same. I included some pdf files with a view of the dimension shown in the model and shown in the drawing as 30° and 28°.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I also want to add that these parts are in a large family table. Only 3 of the parts have the angle display incorrectly on the drawing. Many of the other parts are also at 30°.
Announcements