cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

assembly count

emathivanan
1-Newbie

assembly count

Say if i inserted the same part many times IN A BIG ASSEMBLY  how do i get to know how many times it got inserted (like hole *  3, SHAFT*5) IN A MODEL TREE?     

Can we export the list parts into excel format in assembly?

How to group the hidden and visible components in my assembly?

Thanks in advance

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:emathivanan)

You can get an Excel break down by creating a repeat region and then exporting the table to csv which you can then open in Excel.

Thank u for the answer..  But in assembly I am asking.. Not in drawing

you can save the model tree; it's under the model tree tools "Save Model Tree" which will create a text file of the current contents of the tree. If you want to separate the hidden from the non-hidden, change the display in the model tree to show/not show blanked items in the Tree Filters section. I use the COUNTIF function to see quantities.

You can also use the Tools/ Bill of Materials button, but I find the model tree output is easier to deal with.

Thank u so much..

But I got save model tree function.  But the blanked item I'm nt getting.  Also cud u explain how to use count if

Thank u so much

kdirth
20-Turquoise

In Tools tab select Bill of Materials.  This can be shown on screen and or saved as a file.  It gives a breakdown of the current assemlby and all sub assemblies.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Elango,

If you need the number of component assembled in tree, you can use search tool to find component in assembly.

Search > Component > Name > Define name > Find now you will get # of items found.

For breakdown you can use Bill of material option as suggested by Kevin.

mbonka
15-Moonstone

For this purpose l´m using:

1. Nested repeat region inside drawing

2. Search tool in graphics are (CTRL+F)

Top Tags