cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

assigning materials quickly in assembly

sdesaulles
3-Visitor

assigning materials quickly in assembly

Anyone who has the KeyShot plugin must wonder why the simplicity of that drag and drop to copy materials between parts in an assembly can't be used in Creo.

Creo material assignment seems to be burried deep. Pick the part, open or activate it, select File, the Prepare, then Model Properties, in that dialogue select material, click on the material then the arrow to move it accross to the other column...then

Is this the best way.

In SolidWorks, pick on the part in the model tree, right mouse botton, material, pick. done.

Am I missing something or is Creo just way behind on UI? Yes, very capable, and powerful, but so cumbersome.

Hopefully I'm wrong and I'ver overlooked something, if so, please tell me!

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
TimoNurmi
4-Participant
(To:sdesaulles)

This is absolutely not the best way but AFAIK there is no other way. The only shortcut is to create a mapkey for this. This brings up another strange thing: mapkey command can only be found via Command Search tool (magnifier symbol at upper right).

Yeah, this can happen only in "The Most Powerful, Flexible 3D Modeling Software in the Industry".

jbob
11-Garnet
(To:TimoNurmi)

We just and a model parameter to the model tree, MATERIAL. From here we can change the material from within the assembly.

Top Tags