cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

auxillary view

sps-3
1-Newbie

auxillary view

Hi

Hi friends if anybody know how to rotate auxiliary view in creo means please help me out

9 REPLIES 9
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:sps-3)

Right click on the view, select properties. Change AUXILLARY in the type drop down to GENERAL, then APPLY. You will get additional options then. Use GEOMETRY REFERENCES or ANGLES to rotate the view as desired.

Is there any standard angle for auxiliary view? If it's there any standard values please reply.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Ajithkumar)

An Auxillary view is an orthographic projection that is taken from ANY angle that is required to accurately represent the geometry.

In the image below, the auxillary view is at the angle of the surface that the hole is one so the hole is shown "true".

aux-view.jpg

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:StephenW)

🙂

ENGR101 - Drafting class   (do they still teach drafting?)

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Dale_Rosema)

They don't have to teach that anymore, the computer does all mundane work, just push the button!

**this was my first reply via email...works as expected!

once the view is converted from aux to general, the arrows, that show where the aux view is facing, disappear.

If I want arrows on a view, I always make a section (even if it is for an auxiliary view that doesn't cut thru geometry). I show the arrows via the section tab in the view properties. 

Hi,

Can we rotate auxiliary view without changing it to general view ? reason is we required auxillary view as horizontal.

Auxillary.png

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:YK_9822510)

I am using Creo 4 and you can not rotate an auxiliary view without changing it to a general view.

If you want to keep the arrows, make the view section view at a location outside of the view that is parallel to the  face you need to show and you have the option to show the arrows in the section tab. Or create "fake" arrows for the auxiliary projection.

Maybe something has changed since Creo 4, but I really doubt it.

Top Tags