cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

can you relate custom symbols to notes in creo 2.0?

dcoleman
4-Participant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
svillafuerte
6-Contributor
(To:dcoleman)

Here is an old mapkey we used to use in our config file that would do this back in Creo 2:

mapkey ro @MAPKEY_NAMERelate Object;@MAPKEY_LABELRelate Object;\

mapkey(continued) #TOOLS@DRAWING;#RELATE OBJ;#ADD ITEMS;

Save it in your config file and type ro to run it. Or if nothing else you can see the picks it needed to get to the relate object feature.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Chris3
20-Turquoise

You might have to be clearer about what you mean by relate.

You can embed symbols into notes: &sym(symbol_name) - although for Creo 2 not for 3D notes: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS69664

dcoleman
4-Participant

I mean, before in previous versions of CREO, you could "relate to text" or "relate to view" to attach custom symbols such as rev. triangles, etc. I you "relate to view", it moves with the view, but if the text moves around, you have to pick the symbols and move them to the new note location for appearance sake. Time consuming if you use a lot of custom symbols to designate "significant product characteristic" or other.

Doris,

I'm not sure about Creo2, but in Creo3 you can use "Relate to Object" to do what you want. It is in Drawing>Sketch>Group.

Hope this helps.

Tim

mender
6-Contributor
(To:tmorishita)

This is also referred to as Offset placement in the symbol instance dialog.

dcoleman
4-Participant

I just can't seem to find it in 2.0. Unfortunately, that's what we use. I think they just "forgot" it in this version . It's really handy to keep your note symbols with your notes.

I found a copy of Creo2 on a laptop, and "Relate to Object" is in Drawing>Annotate.

dcoleman
4-Participant

You mean here? Where mine is grayed out?

mender
6-Contributor

Greyed out... do you not have the symbol you want to relate to the note selected?

dcoleman
4-Participant
(To:mender)

Sure do.

It should be highlighted immediately after you insert the symbol. If it isn't, select either the note or the symbol and it should highlight then. Just remember to select the note (or the attached item) in order to move them both.

dcoleman
4-Participant

Thanks! Yea it works.

svillafuerte
6-Contributor

Here is an old mapkey we used to use in our config file that would do this back in Creo 2:

mapkey ro @MAPKEY_NAMERelate Object;@MAPKEY_LABELRelate Object;\

mapkey(continued) #TOOLS@DRAWING;#RELATE OBJ;#ADD ITEMS;

Save it in your config file and type ro to run it. Or if nothing else you can see the picks it needed to get to the relate object feature.

Hope this helps.

dcoleman
4-Participant
(To:svillafuerte)

Thanks, that's it!! Wish I had this 200 drawings & 1000 symbols ago

Top Tags