cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

can you save a dxf file from ptc creo elements direct?

aschleifer
1-Newbie

can you save a dxf file from ptc creo elements direct?

Hi,

Is there any way to export or save a dxf file from creo elements direct?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Arthur,

yes give it, but there is a lot of work and requires some additional programs.

The result is also not that great, arcs and circles are changed into vectors.

Have tried it and was not so impressed.

Convert STL to DXF using Open Source tools

Best regards

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

Hi Arthur,

You can definitely save directly to DXF from the Annotation module, and it should be a regular DXF file.  Just select File->Save and select the type as DXF.  Then specify the name and any other options and click save.

If you're doing a lot of data conversion, we at AI MAXTools have a solution (AI DataMAX) that may help. AI MAX Export2D allows you to save 2D data into multiple formats (any combination of PDF, DXF, DWG, IGES) in a single operation, including the ability to batch convert a whole folder of .drawing files  Similarly, AI MAX Export (for 3D) allows you to export multiple 3D objects into all supported formats in a single operation.

If you'd like to know more, just let me know. I'd be glad to provide any info you need.

Good luck!

andy

Andy Poulsen

AI MAXTools: Dream. Design. Done. It's That Easy!

Add-in products to make PTC® Creo® Elements/Direct®  and CoCreate® products even faster!

www.ai-maxtools.com

Top Tags