cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

cannot create ballons by component and assembly

GD_9924854
4-Participant

cannot create ballons by component and assembly

hi everyone. 

I use creo 4 M010 and encounter a problem when creating balloons on drawing by using "Create ballons - by components" menu. in message box is show up "select a region" which is supposedly not like this (I think). images can be seen in attachment.

is there somebody have any solution about this problem? please kindly let me know. thank you very much.

-Suan 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@GD_9924854 wrote:

hi Martin,

yes I do have the table. when start to drawing it normal though. the problem start occurs when I have more than one tab page. when I choose create ballonns- by component it turn out become select region as can seen in messeage box also in another message become "all" it supposedly "component"
here i shown the capture when I just start the drawing and when I have more than one tab page.

Hi,

I guess you have multiple repeat region tables defined in your drawing (for example one table in every sheet). Therefore Creo needs to select region.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@GD_9924854 wrote:

hi everyone. 

I use creo 4 M010 and encounter a problem when creating balloons on drawing by using "Create ballons - by components" menu. in message box is show up "select a region" which is supposedly not like this (I think). images can be seen in attachment.

is there somebody have any solution about this problem? please kindly let me know. thank you very much.

-Suan 

Hi,

to display balloons in drawing you have to create table containing repeat region in drawing.

See https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r8.0/usascii/index.html#page/detail/About_BOM_Balloons.html for information.

Martin Hanák

hi Martin,

yes I do have the table. when start to drawing it normal though. the problem start occurs when I have more than one tab page. when I choose create ballonns- by component it turn out become select region as can seen in messeage box also in another message become "all" it supposedly "component"
here i shown the capture when I just start the drawing and when I have more than one tab page.

@GD_9924854 wrote:

hi Martin,

Hi,

I guess you have multiple repeat region tables defined in your drawing (for example one table in every sheet). Therefore Creo needs to select region.

Martin Hanák
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:GD_9924854)

If you have more than one BOM table in your drawing, Creo will ask you to "select a region".

If I am doing a drawing with multiple sheets and multiple BOM tables, I usually temporarily move the table to the sheet I am working on. Once finished with the BOM balloons for that sheet, I move the table back to the original sheet or I move it to the next sheet I need to show balloons.

Top Tags