cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

copy geometry bodies

BJP
11-Garnet
11-Garnet

copy geometry bodies

We just moved to Creo7. The multibody possibilities seemed very nice for skeleton models, because now I can finally make a skeleton model from multiple solid bodies. For using these bodies in new parts, I selected "bodies" in the "copy geometry - references" window

BJP_1-1619074877024.png

This seems to work fine, but when I export the resulting part to STEP, the exported file is empty.

When I select the individual surfaces in the "Surface Sets" menu instead, the exported STEP is fine.

So is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

1 REPLY 1
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:BJP)

@BJP wrote:

We just moved to Creo7. The multibody possibilities seemed very nice for skeleton models, because now I can finally make a skeleton model from multiple solid bodies. For using these bodies in new parts, I selected "bodies" in the "copy geometry - references" window

BJP_1-1619074877024.png

This seems to work fine, but when I export the resulting part to STEP, the exported file is empty.

When I select the individual surfaces in the "Surface Sets" menu instead, the exported STEP is fine.

So is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Hi,

please ask PTC Support.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags