cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

creating a mesh screen in a cylindrical tube

jrebis
1-Newbie

creating a mesh screen in a cylindrical tube

Hello. i am working in creo parametric 2.0.  I am trying to create a screen or mesh section of a cylindrical tube. The tube is hollow and made of solid material and 30 inches long. A 2 inch section must be a screen/mesh in the center of the tube. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:jrebis)

If this is not a structural model element, you could apply transparent texture that simulates the look of a mesh.

If you do need a specific 3D solid material, you could make a flat version and use spinal bend to make it round.

I am not picturing the final result you are looking for.

picture a hollow solid pipe that has a small section of its entire circumference that is a screen instead of solid. For example if water was running through the pipe it would leak through the screen when passing that section

Joseph,

use Extrude feature to cut a piece of cylindrical tube.

MH

Martin Hanák
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

There are many types of screens. What I am not picturing is the physical process by which you mean to fabricate this part.

This often determines the type of operation to use in Creo to make the same geometry.

For instance, is it machined with a mill on rotating lathe centers or a simple plunge cut with a mill and the tube fixed.

Are the materials joined at an assembly step or is the screen machined from the native material?

I'm not sure what exactly you're asking. I am not going to actually machine the part. I just need to represent it in Creo. I guess the screen would be machined from the native material. I created a cylinder in creo and i am now trying to make a portion of it meshed so air flow can get through. Try and picture a cylindrical garbage can that has a meshed area (screen- or chain link fence- or weave) on the lower walls so when lifting a full bag out air flow can enter the cylinder from the walls and make it easier to lift the bag. I dont know how else to describe what i'm trying to do. Thanks for your help.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

I see.  In that case, I would make this an assembly.  2 solid tubes and a mesh tube.

Take a look at this thread to understand how to make a simple screen from a flat layout:

Need Help Modelling a Stent

Joseph,

if you don't know how else to describe what you are trying to do, then attach a picture .

MH

Martin Hanák

something like this???

Top Tags