cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

creating repetitive BOM balloons

BillRullan
1-Newbie

creating repetitive BOM balloons

I have an assembly on page 1 of my drawing, with BOM balloons called out for each component. On pages 2 and 3 I need to show sub-assemblies with balloons called out again, but I cannot figure out how to do this. I've tried to create balloons by all the options: SHOW ALL, VIEW, COMP, and COMP & VIEW. No luck.

You would think I could create an infinite number of balloons, anywhere / anytime I need one.

Anybody have advice on this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Accepted practice for identifying an item that has already been identified with a balloon on a drawing is to use a reference (REF) balloon.

Tell THAT to my boss, who insists on regular BOM balloons on every page. I cannot get through to him about this issue. What I wind up doing is creating balloon notes with index numbers (dumb text). Dangerous practice, I know, because they are not parametrically driven.......a topic the boss-man doesn't understand because he's an older guy with old habits.

I was hoping for a way to maybe create my own "reference" balloon that has the parametric index quality of a real reference balloon, but WITHOUT the word "REF" in the balloon.

Can this be done?

Hi

You select the ballon you want to move to the other sheet.

Then you right click and select: "move item to view".

Open the other sheet and select the view where you want the balloon.

Done.

It works in Pro-e wildfire 5 when you are on the tab "Table"

Hope this helps you.

Chris

That would work great if I didn't have to show all the balloons for the complete assembly on page 1. It comes down to how my boss wants the drawings done. He wants page 1 to show the entire assembly with all the balloons called out, then additional sheets with sub-assemblies (weldments, etc.). He wants regular balloons called out for those sub-assemblies, too. I keep telling him we need to use REF balloons, but he's stubborn.

Hi

A real subassembly can have its own table and its own balloons. Jus t make sure the correct drawing model is selected.

Good luck

Chris

Hi Bill, what we do is when you create sheet (2) insert your format along with your parts list. Sheet (1) already has a parts on it, so sheet (2) part

is a duplicate. on sheet (2) move the entire parts list outside of the format border. then simple create and show the ballons for that assembly.

One thing i forgot, make sure on sheet (2) that you have a view established.

hope this helps.

Best regards

Lou

An easy solution:)

File > Drawing Options > reference_bom_balloon_text > Delete DEFAULT but keep "".

Works perfectly.

This doesn't work in Creo 2 any more.

Any updated work around for this problem ?

Regards,

Top Tags