cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

creo familytable issue

pobsd
12-Amethyst

creo familytable issue

Hello All-

When I go to my windows folder (where I created my family table on creo) I cannot find the instances name (can only see the generic name) but if I open the same folder from Creo I can see all the instances name. Is there any way I can get the instance(model) in my windows folder as well, so I can search it windows folder? I can see the .idx file which includes all the instance p/n. Is there any way that I can get the cad files of instances on the windows folder?

I would really appreciate if someone guides me on this.

Thank you so much for your help.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi, 

Please take a look at this link. I think it will answer your questions. Short answer is that you won't be able to see the instances as they are not separate files. 

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Part-Modeling/Family-Table-Instances-Showing-in-Folder/td-p/537344 

Ty

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:pobsd)

@pobsd wrote:

Hello All-

When I go to my windows folder (where I created my family table on creo) I cannot find the instances name (can only see the generic name) but if I open the same folder from Creo I can see all the instances name. Is there any way I can get the instance(model) in my windows folder as well, so I can search it windows folder? I can see the .idx file which includes all the instance p/n. Is there any way that I can get the cad files of instances on the windows folder?

I would really appreciate if someone guides me on this.

Thank you so much for your help.

Hi,

to see family instance names in Windows folder, you can save instance accelerators.

See http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/index.html#page/fundamentals/fundamentals/fund_ten_sub/About_Instance_Accelerator_Files.html 

Martin Hanák
Top Tags