cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

cylinder mechanism servomotors not working as expected

anthonyws
11-Garnet

cylinder mechanism servomotors not working as expected

I am having no luck in applying servomotors to mechanisms. I have done it in the past but either I Am missing some step or creo is not functioning. Using manufacturer supplied assemblies was my first thought for source of failures. so I manually redefined the piston to the cylinder. no luck. Then I made a super rudimentary piston/cylinder assy. nope. I can drag the piston and the limits work as intended in the model. However, in mechanism, I can only get a partial move then it fails with errors. 

error msg with 2 servos:  All position constraints can't be simultaneously satisfied. The following position constraints can't be satisfied:
1) Servo motor constraint for servo motor Motor 1 in model 62205K194_NO_THREADS_HYDRAULIC_ can't be satisfied.  2) Servo motor constraint for servo motor Motor 2 in model 62205K194_NO_THREADS_HYDRAULIC_ can't be satisfied.   

or with a single servo:

All position constraints can't be simultaneously satisfied. The following position constraints can't be satisfied:

1) Upper limit of the first translation axis in connection Connection_1 in model 62205K194_NO_THREADS_HYDRAULI_1 (component id path [5]) can't be satisfied. 

2) Servo motor constraint for servo motor Motor 1 in model 62205K194_NO_THREADS_HYDRAULIC_ can't be satisfied.   

anthonyws_0-1708359599366.png

anthonyws_1-1708359599368.png

The cyl on the left is from Parker. many parts and features.  Since it was not functioning with the mechanism servomotor using cylinder assembly constraints, I tried slider constraints. This was the advice on many youtube tutorials. Apparently is is more reliable? Not sure why connecting a piston to a cylinder would have trouble using the "cylinder" constraint specifically designed for this. So after many attempts to get the motor to drive the piston out and back I decided there may be issues with the Parker model. I then made the simplified model assembly on the right and went through the process of putting the cylinder on the default constraint then adding the piston using cylinder constraint. Setting limits and testing with the drag function. All good (as before). Now I start mechanism in creo and attempt to assign motors to the cylinder assembly. The motor will drive the piston out most of the way then fail with the errors I listed above. Sometimes there was a " bobble" in the travel and sometimes it would stop part way. When  a second motor was added to derive it back in the opposite direction (home) it would not work. ever. when i set the times in the motor dialog as shown, nothing happens and the values reset to start/end for both motors. The manually entered values always revert to default. 

anthonyws_2-1708359599698.png

So this has me wondering if I missed a step. There are no meaningful warnings or suggested corrections.

anthonyws_3-1708359599688.png

I have done this many times before in creo and other software. It's not complicated. maybe there is a step that is assumed that I don't remember. I have followed creo tutorials from the learning conector as well as many top tier creo youtube channels. 

Some variations I have tried include using different references for the motion constraint. axis', piston face/cylinder blind end, rod end/cyl bore shell surface. I tried to use planes but they are unselectable. Any suggestions or ideas are most welcome, 

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
1 REPLY 1
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:anthonyws)

Top Tags