cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

double teaming a drawing...

PAULKORENKIEWIC
1-Newbie

double teaming a drawing...

Guru's...

I'm curious if anyone has tried or has any comments on having TWO users work on one drawing. We have a situation where a large 7 page drawing was done but needs quite a few revisions/checker changes. ASSUMING that all are cosmetic; that none would include any model changes, could the following scenario work? User Joe works on the original drawing and deletes page 7. User Jane takes a copy of the drawing, renames the drawing to "copy" and ONLY works on page 7. When Jane is done, Joe "inserts" page 7 from the "copy" drawing into the original drawing. Does Pro/E have that capability? I seem to recall it does, but am not sure of the commands.

Any thoughts? Words of wisdom? Warnings?

Thanks...

Paul Korenkiewicz
FEV, Inc.
4554 Glenmeade
Auburn Hills, MI., 48326

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Yes… this is what I was going to recommend.

This is also a good method for creating detail views of family table objects. I get the first Instance detailed out exactly like I want it. Save original, and save as a “_copy”. Open “_copy” and replace drawing model, save the “_copy” and then open original and insert the copy as the next sheet. Works great and saves a lot of time.

In Pro/E:

Insertè Shared Dataè From file

Top Tags