cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

drawing bom

thlavinka
1-Newbie

drawing bom

Hello,

is it possible to make a connection between a main assembly bom (repeat region) and a part drawing so that the information from the assembly drawing would be shown in the part drawing which is in another sheet ?

Thanks in advance

T-

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Yes, sort of. You can load the assembly model into your part drawing, then place and filter just the repeat region into the drawing while your assembly is set as an active model/rep.

~J

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

Yes, sort of. You can load the assembly model into your part drawing, then place and filter just the repeat region into the drawing while your assembly is set as an active model/rep.

~J

Thanks Jakub, and can i use some filter by rule to get rid of all those rest rows in the bom?

2015-03-15_104240.jpg

I would need to make a relation between the "cep.prt" in the repeat region filter and ptc_common_name of the current part in this sheet of assembly drawing, is it possible?

2015-03-15_150113.jpg

The filter could be something like &asm.mbr.name == cep

Can't remember from the top of my head, sorry.

To preserve the rpt.index value you can use Fix Index first before applying the filtering rule. Well, in case you use the rpt.index param.

I think we dont understand each other. I just need to make a variable from the right side of the filter rule. The variable would ensure the current drawing sheet (repeat region) contains only one part (in this case cep) which is on that sheet.

Is it possible to write in czech? My english is not good...........

Jo. Proměnná je v podstatě uživatelem definovaný parameter, nebo systémem definovaný parameter na úrovni kteréhokoliv modelu. Příkladem systémové proměnné je jak jsem uvedl asm.mbr.name.

Pokud chceš specifikovat filtr pro uživatelem definovanou proměnnou, tak můžeš použít ten samý fíltr co uvádíš na obrázku. Jen musíš tento parameter definovat na úrovni modelu. Tzn. parameter XXX je string a hodnota je cep.prt.

Top Tags