cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

drawing dimension locations are driven by model size, how to disable that

cdiaz-2
11-Garnet

drawing dimension locations are driven by model size, how to disable that

i have a model with a conduit and because of the virtual point it creates because of a goofy angle said point is way out in left field which influences the model size and then in the drawings it pushes my dimensions also way out into left field.

is there a setting so the drawing dimensions ignore the model size?

thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
BR84
12-Amethyst
(To:cdiaz-2)

• change the scale and put the point outside of the drawing or use simplified rep. and turn off this point
  • scale is automatically adjusted to fit 3 views on the selected drawing format
cdiaz-2
11-Garnet
(To:BR84)

it's not an actual datum point, it's a virtual intersection point that the software creates.

the drawing scale has nothing to do with this because that would change the size of my drawing views. i don't want to change the size of my drawing views.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:cdiaz-2)

The only thought I had was to make the view a "partial view" so your view border is smaller.

i know i have fixed this issue in an older version but i could have swore it was some setting that ignored model size so the dimensions stayed where you put them regardless of how the model grows or shrinks just havent had any luck finding that setting or drawing setting or config setting 

Top Tags