cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

drawing rep

ptc-111338
1-Newbie

drawing rep

Hello All,

I am trying to use Drawing Representation menu in order to show 3 different states of a flange in a Proe Drawing. (power point presentation attached)
The main issue is that the flange goes around with a circular edge and the base of the flange is 4° angled, so it is not possible to unbend the feature with the regular operations of sheetmetal (because of this 4°).
Do you know more options to have this views represented in a drawing (keeping one single 3D parametric model).

Thanks for your comments.

Best Regards.

[cid:image001.png@01CA2FB7.5F9C4D40]

Best Regards.

[cid:image002.jpg@01CA2FB7.5F9C4D40]

hugo miranda
cad/cam/cae leader

acceso b, no. 406
parque industrial jurica
zip. 76100
querétaro, qro. méxico
ph: +52 (442) 211 4927
fax: +52 (442) 211 4888
dialcomm 8*553 4927
e-mail: -

This communication may contain confidential information intended only for the person to whom it is addressed.
Any views or options expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of mabe or general electric
consumer and industrial (GEC&I).
Any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail without consent of the originator is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the author by telephone at 52 (442) 2114927

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I would use a perimeter dimension so you can vary the bend angle while keeping the length of the "inside" surface fixed.
I think I would also convert the whole length into a spline, to be able to make the bend flatten out as shown in the "unbent" state.
The varied parameters could be controlled by a family table.
You would have to add all 3 instances of the family table to the drawing.

Top Tags