cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

dual dimensioning

ptc-2265543
1-Newbie

dual dimensioning

Gentlemen:

I have dual dimensions set up on a drawing. Metric is primary, inch is secondary. Metric is set up as 3 place decimal and the difference to inch is 1, so the inch should come in as 4 place. As I create a drawing, I see more and more that the metric is coming in as setup to 3 places but the inch is coming with 13 place decimals. I go into the model and the feature and re-create the dimension. This brings the correct dimension into the drawing. What is wrong/ What parameter am I missing?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Edit properties on your dimension... check the box for Round Dimension Values.

At WF5 we've been given the ability to round/not round reference values. The secondary dimension qualifies as a reference dimension.

There are two config.pro options to look at, too:

• round_prewf5_displayed_dim_val
  • round_displayed_dim_values

Hopefully that gives you enough to fix the problem.

Thanks!

-Brian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Edit properties on your dimension... check the box for Round Dimension Values.

At WF5 we've been given the ability to round/not round reference values. The secondary dimension qualifies as a reference dimension.

There are two config.pro options to look at, too:

• round_prewf5_displayed_dim_val
  • round_displayed_dim_values

Hopefully that gives you enough to fix the problem.

Thanks!

-Brian

Thanks alot, Brian. That was it. It seems as one tries to take care of Pro/E's variables thru closing the door via config files, Pro/E is busy opening up windows behind you!

Thanks again,

Joe

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags