cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

erase cosmetic features

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

erase cosmetic features

Hi all,

i am just working through my first design using W5 & i have run into a problem. With previous versions of pro-e we have always had the show/erase functionality, now it appears to be show only. I am really struggling to discover how to erase cosmetic thread features in a given view, on my drawings. Before, you simply set "by view" & picked the cosmetic thread to be erased. I have discovered that you can pick cosmetic sketches, right click, & erase cosmetic pops up, but this does not work for threads. Can anyone help?

Regards

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
11 REPLIES 11

You can erase with just about any of the tabs selected. You can select them in the view but it's going to be easier to select the feature in the Model Tree portion of the Navigation Window (I think this is the workflow intent now) and RMB>Erase. To unerase the cosmetic thread you need to have the Annotation tab selected. There are some other nuances, such as showing a deleted shown dimension, that will take getting use to.

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:Kevin)

Hi Kevin,

thank you for the reply, but i'm afraid i just don't get this. I am still unable to erase the cosmetic features i want rid of. The features i am trying to erase are internally created cosmetic threads using the hole feature. You cannot erase them in the way you describe, they do not highlite & so you cannot select them. If you create a cosmetic thread using the cosmetic thread tool (ie. a stand alone feature) then you can erase it as you describe. Try it for yourself.

Regards

John

I see you found out how to do what you were looking to do. I did try again using the steps I gave you on an internally defined thread created with the hole tool and had no problem erasing them. One thing I did find that could cause problems or confusion is when the cosmetic thread of a feature is shown in some views but not in others.

Create a layer with a rule "Feature", "== Has Thread" to make the threads go onto a layer you can hide. Also, the settingings in the Active Drawing.dtl should be:

hlr_for_threads YES

thread_standard std_ansi_imp_assy

This should do the trick.

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:CM10)

Thank you for the reply, this was so much easier in previous releases. I have figured out that these cosmetics can be erased individually by picking them via the model tree, so this is how i plan on doing it from now on, but it is a pain.

Regards

John

If it's a pain, why do it? It's far easier to do what I suggested. Why not?

I recommend the layering technique also. Do not forget, that you can control individual views of the drawing with view specific layer filter lists.

linda
5-Regular Member
(To:BillDaugherty)

can you tell me how to control individual views of the drawing with view specific layer filter lists

(This answer is based on Wildfire 3 which is the latest version I have used)

If you look at the side of the main window, the sub-window where the model tree is located can be toggled between the model tree and the layer tree. Select the layer tree. Within the heading field, you select the .prt or .asm that drives the drawing. From that point on you should have the drawing views listed. These layer list subsets will apply to the view by the same name. Do not forget to save layer status or changes will be lost.

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:linda)

Also check the Drawing Layer Status and make sure ignore display status of layers in the model or the drawing dtl option ignore_model_layer_status is selected to control layer visibility by view.

Testing posting to forum...sorry...

Top Tags