cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

excluding and including parts in an assembly

ptc-6743868
1-Newbie

excluding and including parts in an assembly

Hi, I am a new user and I am strugguling with including parts back into my main assembly after they where included. I have tried to go to View/representation/include without any luck. Thank you very much in advance for your help.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

That's better...

The view manager is where this is done. These are simplified representations and they can be edited in the view manager>simplified rep>Properties dialog.

Just about everything in view manager has to be saved specifically. Be careful about trying to save to the default <anything>.

view_manager_simp_rep.PNG

I see what you are talking about and it makes sense. I need to find a good tutorial on proper functional use of this. My "simple Rep" is not highlighted and I cannot click on this tab to activate it.

There is a drop-down menu to activate the View Manager. The view manager is also on the graphics toolbar.

It is best to create a new simplified rep and then start changing appearances by activating the new simplified rep.

The extension of this is capability is combined views: Combined Views - a quick overview

I see your features and icons are similar. I am running ProE wild fire 5.0. It seems a little differnt.

I see. I am not sure what is WF5 has in capabilities in the view manager.

The simplified rep has been around for a long time.

Hello Chris,

did you manage to utilize the Simplified rep as suggested by Antonius? Or do you still struggle?

The UI has changed, but the functionality should be the same.

Gunter

Top Tags