cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

export a creo drawing to igs with dimensions

bcat
8-Gravel

export a creo drawing to igs with dimensions

hello

i have a big issue 

I need to export a drawing with dimensions in igs extension

is posible this ?

5 REPLIES 5
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:bcat)

You don't mention what version of Creo or Wildfire or even Pro/Engineer you are running.

For myself, using Creo 4.0 it is done using File->Save As->Save a Copy, changing the type of file to IGES and hitting OK. This is how you save a file to any of the other formats Creo can output, like PDF, DXF, etc.

Just don't expect the output to be perfect - some of the leader lines in IGES drawing exports look odd when you read them back into Creo.

bcat
8-Gravel
(To:KenFarley)

i use creo 4.0 but isnt too easy.

i export with save as but is only countur without dimensions and information in tables

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

I don't know what you might be doing wrong. The steps I use are as follows:

(1) Load in the DRAWING file, not a part, not an assembly, but a .DRW.

(2) Execute the command File -> Save As -> Save a Copy

(3) For the Type field, pick the entry IGES (*.igs)

(4) Hit "OK".

(5) An "Export Environment for IGES" dialog pops up.

(6) If your drawing has more than one sheet, you'll want to click on that tab and select the "All sheets" radio button.

(7) Hit OK and your IGES file is created.

To check out the results, read the IGES file back into Creo as a Drawing file and all should be okay. I tried it with a drawing with multiple sheets, bill of materials table, etc. and all was fine.

bcat
8-Gravel
(To:KenFarley)

you are right

i open the igs but not set drawing mode; its works

but in one drawing i see the dimension and table anotation notes and so on by default and in another drawing no

its strange!

bcat
8-Gravel

the part its made with family table

Top Tags