cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

export assembly - selected components.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

export assembly - selected components.

How are people controlling what parts get exported if you don't want to export the full assembly?

A while ago (years), I would export the full assembly, import it, delete out what I didn't want in the export and then re-export.

Recent years I have used Simp Rep, which has seemed to work overall but today I had major issues where parts were swapped with different parts doing this. It seems to be related to mold package and patterning.

But how do other people do this? I am curious.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Inoram)

Simply hide the things you don't want exported (either manually or on a layer), and then make sure the config option "intf_out_blanked_entities" is set to "no".  Only the entities visible on the screen will be sent to the exported file (STEP, etc.)

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomU)

Ok, cool, but when I hide a part it hides all of them. Like I have 4 of the same sub assembly in a main assembly. And with Simp Rep I can make a "right" and a "left". Is there a way around hiding everything? Other then copy/renaming the sub assembly (might work for future)?

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor
(To:Inoram)

Not sure if I have any special config but I don't think so.

I just use simplified rep to isolate the comps and then export it.

Take a look at this video:

Tutorial: 2 Part Interference Check

Jose

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:Jose_Costa)

I just use simplified rep to isolate the comps and then export it.

Me too, except it didn't work recently.

Top Tags