cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

export to STEP mapkey

BJP
11-Garnet
11-Garnet

export to STEP mapkey

Since Creo 5, I cant automate the export funtion anymore with a mapkey because I always want to export only solid models without surfaces. But in Creo 5, when exporting to STEP, you cant automatically have surfaces de-selected (it only works in one session). Does anyone have a proper mapkey compatible with Creo5 that tackles this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mcestnik
13-Aquamarine
(To:BJP)

Set your custom export settings for Step in Data Exchange window. This options are later set for every export.

2019-07-16_12-40-29.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mcestnik
13-Aquamarine

Set your custom export settings for Step in Data Exchange window. This options are later set for every export.

2019-07-16_12-40-29.png

I've found that the only way I can have my settings default to those I save in the profile is to set, in my config.pro, one of the (apparently new in Creo 4?) options that specifies the file name, such as

export_profiles_step <full path and file name of option file>

Otherwise, it seems the settings I make are only for the current session. Unless there is some other config option I need to make to allow my settings to be persistent?

SJ_9950719
1-Newbie

Hey,

I think you should try the BIMDeX plugins for exporting the Creo. I found it very efficient.

Top Tags