cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

exporting video

dabuhassabu
4-Participant

exporting video

in the animation what is best method for exporting video in creo 2.0 . is there any way to export it to HD format

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:dabuhassabu)

My tips about better render animation settings:

1. Do you want 4:3 or 16:9? l already use these size when l need a presentation via projector.

- 4:3 --- 2400x1800

- 16:9 --- 2400x1350

2. Set your render option (if you will render your animation)

render_setup.jpg

ACCURACY --- something like DPI

ANTI-ALIASING --- edges will be smooth

SHADOWS --- shadows will be "smoother"

3. Set 50 frames per second

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite

Hi,

You can define resolution of video you are making and type of compression. HD is no problem. At least this is how it looks in Creo 3.0.

I dont think much changed since Creo 2.0 regarding this.

2.png

Best way is (for me) opening model in Creo illustrate and exporting video from there.You can also import .fra file made in MDO in Creo You can have callouts in animation and more options with model appearance.

This is still from illustrate made animation video for example:

3.png

i did not use creo 3.0 but from capture options i think there is a bit different because in creo 2.0 there is only one video format mp4 . about others options such as using Creo illustrat , i did not used it before

thanks for help

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Admittedly I haven't done an animation in a long time, but I seem to recall that no matter how big you made the height and width it maxed out at a certain value and always looked pixelated.

If you don't have Creo Illustrate (I do not) some other options are using Creo View with the animation extension or using CamStudio. CamStudio is an open source (free) recorder that allows you to record whats happening on your screen. I have used this in the past to record exploded view animations or even Creo animations. If you choose this route be prepared that running an animation and recording it with a separate external program requires a lot of processing power

A couple of things you need to know:

I know that in older versions of Pro|E, the video size was limited to the monitor's screen size.

I reported a support case where my user defined resolution was ignored and it defaulted to some other aspect ratio.

I was told that it worked according to specifications. But definitely not to what is today acceptable formats.

I have output short videos to bitmap images. I can import these to PhotoScape (freeware) and create an animated GIF.

PhotoScape also has a few nice features that can enhance every frame.

There is also Screencast-O-Matic - Free online screen recorder for instant screen capture video sharing.

mbonka
15-Moonstone

My tips about better render animation settings:

1. Do you want 4:3 or 16:9? l already use these size when l need a presentation via projector.

- 4:3 --- 2400x1800

- 16:9 --- 2400x1350

2. Set your render option (if you will render your animation)

render_setup.jpg

ACCURACY --- something like DPI

ANTI-ALIASING --- edges will be smooth

SHADOWS --- shadows will be "smoother"

3. Set 50 frames per second

Top Tags