cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

flexnet for Creo - didn't know this

davehaigh
11-Garnet

flexnet for Creo - didn't know this

If you install Creo on a new system, the flexnet application that gets installed is lmadmin. This is built on web technology.

Where I'm at we have a lot of security measures in place to keep the bad guys out. But that ends up sometimes interfering with things you need to do. Lmadmin being one of them.

I couldn't run lmadmin or the web interface for it. Getting this error:
[cid:image001.png@01CEDF93.5347E410]

I contacted PTC to see what might be the cause. And their suggestion rather than trying to find the offending settings was to install the old lmgrd. It's now a separate download from Creo.

You'll find a link to the proper zip file on this page. Go to page 2 of the pdf.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

The new web interface is very different and has cause several issues when installing or upgrading Creo Parametric. It's a little confusing on how to stop the server correctly because it's burried in a section you would not know to look in. If you stop the server with the option in the main UI, it will shutdown the server and it will not restart. This has cause issues when I am remotely working on license servers.

There is also a problem on how you choose your license file when installing Creo Parametric. You must drag and drop the license file on the installation UI rather than just typing out the license server address. If you type out the license server address, it will create a new license folder that does not work and you must manually correct this by deleting that folder and copy the license file into the correct one. If you drag the license file on the UI, it will work as intended. You must also drag the license file from the desktop or a local folder, if you attempt to do this from a network location, it will hang up the application.

It's been a challenge to learn this new interface, but now I understand it fairly well. At first I wanted to toss my computer out the window.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Top Tags