cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

has the round tool in creo become weaker?

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

has the round tool in creo become weaker?

round tool used to be good as far as i remember...in Pro/E wildfire 4.0 i guess..in creo....it does not seem to be strong enough..

will load some comparison part files or videos later...

has anybody else noticed this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I have noticed some real issues with consistency. It is also extremely heavy on the part file. This makes castings with high rib counts nearly impossible to manage.

i wrote the above after i saw the issue in the trial version of creo 3.0 with a particular part.

but i have had more problems in giving a round in pro/e 5 and now in pro/e 3.0, whereas it did the round pretty well in creo 2.0

one more thing worth mentioning is proe/creo has a very poerful undo option..we can undo within options (undo selection)..i cannot say the same about solidworks.

We make for forged part variable radii for which preview is very very long. Fortunately there's no preview command to set value of radius and then see preview... Then, when radius can't go trough in some difficult zone we build a boundary blend... Because setting transitions rarely works.. In the future automatic building of this blending transitions could be a good idea.. I think NX has this kind a feature...Untitled.png

Top Tags