cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

hide dimension using layer

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

hide dimension using layer

Hello,

I have a dimension in one view which needs to be hidden. For this purpose, I am adding this dimension into layer and hide the layer to hide dimension. Due to other requirement, I must do this only i.e. add into layer and hide it or show it.

Can anyone help me to do show hide of dimension by hiding layer?

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

I'd first collect all model's dimensions as items of a layer by creating a layer "000_DIMENSIONS" that has this rule:

all_dim_layer.png

You'll probably have to use the "associative" option for the new rule to apply to already created dimensions:

all_dim_layer_0.png

From there, you can copy-and-paste items from the 000_DIMENSIONS layer into your custom layer that you'll hide in a particular view in your drawing...

Query builder I am not able to get

And I am not able to paste item also from one layer to other layer.

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

Please post pictures, provide more detailed description of the steps you are trying to take, etc...

Without this, it is difficult to suggest a solution.  Please read all you can about layers in online help:

http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/#page/fundamentals%2Ffundamentals%2Ffund_six_sub%2FAbout_the_Layer_Model_Tree.html

http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/#page/fundamentals%2Ffundamentals%2Ffund_six_sub%2FTo_Copy_All_Items_on_a_Layer.html%23wwconnect_header

in a drawing? why don't you simple erase it?

It really depends on how the dimension got to the drawing.  If it was created for the drawing in the drawing, why not just delete it.  If it is a shown model dimension, as previously suggested, just erase it.

The layers can be used but it can cause confusion for downstream users of the data.  If it is a model dimension and you erase it, it can be shown in a different view later.  If it is on a blanked layer, it is harder to find, unblank and then move to a different view.

There is an instance were you have to be careful with erased dimensions and that is when you delete a view that has erased dimensions. If those dimensions are not deleted first you won't be able to show the dimensions, they don't show in the shown annotation dialog. I'm not aware of anything where this has been addressed by PTC.

rkassmeyer
6-Contributor
(To:Kevin)

You are correct, I had forgotten that PTC added the capability to "delete" shown dimensions.

My earlier statements should be revised to:

It really depends on how the dimension got to the drawing.  If it was created for the drawing in the drawing, why not just delete it.  If it is a shown model dimension, as previously suggested, just delete it (which stops showing it in the view).

The layers can be used, but it can cause confusion for downstream users of the data.  If it is a model dimension and you delete it, it can be shown in a different view later.  If it is on a blanked layer, it is harder to find, unblank and then move to a different view.

psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:Kevin)

I haven't been able to reproduce your bug "dimensions disappear from add annotations list" if they are erased in a view and then this view is deleted.  It seems PTC has fixed the issue, at least in Creo 2 version M230.

Top Tags