cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

hide the solid model in a part

CAD_user
13-Aquamarine

hide the solid model in a part

I'm not figuring out, how to hide the solid model in a part.

Help me please, i'm giving in crazy with this...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:PBM76)

It's not "extremely difficult", it's pathetically easy.  Can't be bothered to spend the 30 seconds needed to do it manually?  Create a layer in your start part like I did with rules forcing all solid geometry to be on the "Solid_Geometry" layer, and you're done.

Sheesh....

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:CAD_user)

Create a layer and add "All Solid Geometry" to it.  Hiding this will hide the solid.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:TomU)

Hi,

I tested it in Creo 2.0 ...

• create new layer
  • place mouse cursor on solid geometry
  • click right mouse button
  • select Pick from List command
  • select SolidGeom item ... see picture
  • OK

solidgeom.png

Martin Hanák
PBM76
4-Participant
(To:CAD_user)

Is there any way to create an "Idea" or "Enhancement" within these forums for this?

The ability to hide all solid geometry is crucial when working with solidifying surfaces that exist within the solid to be trimmed. It is a REQUIRED capability for all advanced modeling.

Adding all solid geometry to a layer and then hiding it is an extremely difficult/hidden way to do this very simple task, and the layer that is created has to be deleted later on if modelcheck is to be passed (which requires all layers to be blank, at my company at least).

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

It's not "extremely difficult", it's pathetically easy.  Can't be bothered to spend the 30 seconds needed to do it manually?  Create a layer in your start part like I did with rules forcing all solid geometry to be on the "Solid_Geometry" layer, and you're done.

Sheesh....

PBM76
4-Participant
(To:Patriot_1776)

No one would ever figure this out on their own! It is almost a secret/hidden feature, a workaround! Competing CAD systems make this very easy to do, something first time users would discover and understand immediately.

It is true that once you know, you know, and you can move forward -- but there is no reason why I should be troubled with the creation of special layers just to hide solid geometry while working with surfaces. The fact that I later have to go in and delete that layer in order to blank all layers and satisfy model check is just pointless additional effort.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

I figured it out on my own.....  🙂  Oh, and don't delete the rules-based layer like mine.  Your start part should have it.

Top Tags