cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

hiding a row in a revision table

doug_anderson
11-Garnet

hiding a row in a revision table

needing some advice, our drawings are set up with rev table that appear to be a standard table. is there a way to hide rows from this table without deleting them? or is there a specific rev table template? i previously used SW and they have a dedicated rev table with this and more functionality.

thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Creo doesn't have specific rev table functionality.

I would suggest using drawing parameters or annotations in the model to fill in your rev table so it is captured and stays.

I have seen some customization that companies have done to automate the process.

hi,

its not that i want to automate anything, some drawings have quite a few revs and i was wanting to hide all except the last 3. preferably without deleting the rows. this will tidy up the drawing and give more space.

We used to hide the part of the revision table when it gets lengthier, by adding it to a separate hidden layer and create another revision table for subsequent revisions. But with this method you cant hide rows in between the table. You may need to separate it and hide.

i was actually just coming round to this way of thinking. 

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:doug_anderson)

Nothing out of the box.  We use a custom SmartAssembly program to re-apply the drawing format and then re-write the last three revisions back into the table.

(No idea how long this video will take to get processed/approved, so it's also attached below.)

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomU)

Is this just for Windchill applications and it will know what the previous revisions were. Or does it work on Creo stand alone also?

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Dale_Rosema)

This is just for Creo.  I'm simply reading the table contents, updating the format, and then writing back into the table whatever the user chose to keep (all, last 3, or none.)

thanks for your reply. need to actually keep a record of the changes so i think i'll just use a duplicate rev table on a separate layer

cheers

Top Tags