cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

hole table

ptc-3094594
1-Newbie

hole table

i just saw through PTC University the program on hole tables. i can get the hole table to work on a flat sheet metal part, that works great,BUT when i go to create a bent featured sheet metal part the hole table only works on 1 surface and only those holes on that surface. i create my bent sheet metal on the fly then figure out where i want my holes (not extruded cuts). i have tried to move the hole features up the model tree to the 1st flat surface where it would be seen and still not successfull.

Rich Henderson

Design Drafter

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
mlocascio
4-Participant
(To:ptc-3094594)

Mr. Rich Henderson,

It seems to me as if the hole table idea is being twisted to conform with a
FORMED sheet metal part. Can you FORM the sheet metal part and then unbend
or flatten the part? Then IF you can create the hole table from the flat
pattern you would have a good thing going on.

It makes sense that the hole table would work on one surface for a sheet
metal part. I am thinking of how the part is being produced. Usually all of
the holes are punched before the part is formed. This seems pretty straight
forward, but maybe I missed something.

Michael P. Locascio

here is what i was talking about, when this is unbent (suppress the flat pattern) the 5 holes along the long edge are the only holes that show up in the hole table. i have tried to move other features around in the model tree expexcting them to appear with out success. thank you for your help

Rich Henderson

Design Drafter

Top Tags